Old Photograph Effect Photoshop Tutorial

By
Advertisement
There's that certain element of the past that makes it very special. I don't know what it is but it is a bit mysterious for me to merely think of the past. Maybe it is in the fact that "It’s the man's ability to remember that sets us apart. We are the only species concerned with the past." The quote is from the tv series heroes. I decided to edit some photographs of mine and make it old picture.
We need to have a base picture. What I did first was to put enhancement by using the curves. Just move the graph of blue, red and green to achieve the desired effect.
Next step is to add the black and white effect. This can be done by clicking the auto button or by manually putting the values. Check the tint box to have the color filter on the image.
I added a white border using just the shape tool.
Texture will be of great help to achieve the desired effect.
 I turned the layer effect to overlay and set the opacity to lower level.
 Lastly, folds will make the finishing touches just by turning its layer effect to overlay and lowering its opacity also.







Powered by Blogger.